Thursday, September 9, 2010

Personal Values

My Top 10


1. Faith/Religion - This is my foundation and without it I would be lost. Nothing is more important to me. This will definitely affect my career choice. I will not work on Sundays when this is the day I attend church and keep this day for family time and visiting extended family.




2. Family – My husband and my children are the most important people in the world to me. I want a career that will still allow me to spend quality time with them.


3. Affection – This is very important to me. I was raised in a very affectionate home; I always knew I was loved. I try to always make a point of letting my husband and children know of my love for them with a little hug or kiss.


4. Service – I feel it is important to serve others whenever I am able to. It makes me happy to help others. I find that I can make a difference by serving others. This will be something to consider for sure when choosing a career. I like to work with others so I would not want to choose something that would isolate me from others.


5. Freedom – I am so grateful for the freedom we have. I am especially grateful for a Military husband who serves our country. I have the freedom to choose what religion I believe where I want to live and what career I want to pursue.


6. Stability – There is a comfort for me in knowing I have a stable home and living environment. I was a single mom for three years and things at time felt very unstable especially not having a father in the home. I am grateful for a hardworking husband who provides for our family. I am someone who likes structure and consistency so with a career I will need something that is stable and somewhat consistent.


7. Friendships – The older I get the more I really value good friendships. Especially with my sisters. I enjoy spending time with friends and making new friends. I know I enjoy working with others so I want a career that allows this.


8. Trust – This is very important. Trust is definitely something that has to be earned. I once read, “It takes years to build trust and only seconds to destroy it,” or “it only takes suspicion, not proof to destroy it.” It is very important in any type of relationship to be a trustworthy person.


9. Personal Learning and growing – I am finding that I love to learn, it has helped my self-esteem. I feel that by always trying to learn and grow more I am setting a good example for my children as well. This would be something that could affect a career choice, if I cannot continue to grow and learn more I could lose interest.


10. Self-Respect – I know my self-worth and I take pride in presenting myself in a very modest manner. I respect myself enough to not lower my standards or beliefs for any reason, even a career choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment