Monday, December 13, 2010

Final Reflections Paper

As I sit and think about where I will go from here, I feel like I have made great progress in making a decision.  I am truly grateful that I took this class.  It has helped me open up in ways I otherwise might not have, at least not for a while. I am almost certain that I am going to go into Culinary Arts.  I will be working on getting my Associates.  Hopefully I am able to get a lot under my belt before we leave with the Military.  I have had a bit of a hard time along the course of this class for a few reasons.  I decided to start school because it just felt like the next step for me in life.  I am not looking to start a career in anything right now.  I am a very happy mother of three boys and really enjoy being able to be at home with them.  So as we have searched careers and looked into job related things I have had a bit of a hard time putting myself there.  I understand that this will be a great benefit for me to learn about these things.  I am happy that I have.  I am so glad that I have had to push myself out of my comfort zone and try new things, or things that I would not have done without this class.   I enjoyed taking the Interest Tests in chapter 5.  This really helped me understand myself better and what I am interested in.  I think I have lost so much of who I am and what I enjoy, as being a mother it has become all about my children and that they enjoy and what makes them happy.
 As a take a look ahead on my schooling, I plan to get on the wait list with the Culinary Arts department.  After reviewing what is needed to get my degree in this I plan to do the following:
This coming Spring I will be taking one less class than this past semester.  I felt a little too overloaded.  I am taking classes that will count towards my generals, Math, Health and a PE class.  I will be taking the summer off.  Fall 2011 I will continue working on my gen Ed.  I am looking at taking a full 12 credits.  Most likely in English, Behavioral Science, Culinary Math, and start on the development skills of cooking.  At this point things will be a bit up in the air being that my husband will Commission with the Military as an Officer and we will be receiving orders.  If we do not get sent right away I will start the spring semester and take Biology, Humanities, and more of the core classes for Culinary Arts.  By the time this semester is over I know we will be leaving Utah.  With there being no known information on where we will be going it makes it especially difficult to plan the remainder of my schooling.  I am hoping to be able to find a school that offers the program and finish with my Associates at that point.  I will probably take a year off and be with family as I plan to have more children by this point.  I would then like to return to school for my Bachelor’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment