Monday, December 13, 2010

STAR Stories

1.    Give an example of what teamwork means to you.

At my previous job I was placed on a board with a few of my co-workers.  We were assigned a group project on upselling.  There were several in the group who wanted to divide the work up and each take a part then meet back up to put all of it together.  I suggested that we work on the project as a whole after all we were placed in a group to work together.  We were able to work as a group and come up with a great upsell program for our call center.  It was very successful and we all felt it was so successful because we worked as a team to accomplish our goal.

2.    Give me an example of a major challenge that you faced, and how you went about addressing the problem, and how it turned out.

One of the most major problems I have faced was going through a divorce.  I was a stay at home mom with two boys.  After my divorce I had to find work after several years of little jobs here or there but nothing steady or long term.  I started by making a resume as best I could and posted it on many job search engines.  After just a little bit of searching I came across a job that sounded like a perfect match for me.  I applied and was called the following day.  I went to the interview trying my hardest to come across very confident and comfortable even though I know my knees were shaking.  It was a panel interview which was even scarier.  I left feeling really good about it and was called for a second interview.  This went amazingly well and I was hired within the week.  I worked for the company for three years and just recently quit to go to school and be home with my kids.

3.    Describe a past goal and how you achieved it.

When I was attending hair school I became pregnant with my second son and was not due to graduate until after he was to be born.  I set the goal to put in more hours and try to graduate before he was born.  I talked to my instructors and they gave me the approval to come during other hours to obtain my hours needed for graduation.  I started putting in eight hour days verses the four hour days I was attending before.  This was very difficult due to the fact that I had a two year old and I was very sick with my pregnancies.  I did my best to attend at least six hours and in the end I was able to finish six days before I had my baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment